Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter Weekend Fun

Palm Sunday and Easter were truly beautiful services this year. I am so grateful for a time to reflect on and celebrate my Redeemer each year.  On top of the already meaningful celebration our church put on, this weekend was especially great. 

My mom, the hardest working person I know, made it to Tax  Day! She's a CPA and works very long hours from January to April.  She and my father got to take a nice weekend vacation at the lake and enjoy strolling around the zoo and playing mini golf. 

I tried Velvet Taco, after several recommendations from classmates. Now I'll always be a Torchy's girl, but Velvet had some really tasty selections, super friendly staff and a great atmosphere. 


oh, the tots- with herbed goat cheese, smoked cheddar, basil cream, bacon and a local fried egg. These were so outrageously flavorful and rich. I definitely recommend them! But, even between two of us we couldn't finish them. 


Left: Annatto shredded pork- avocado cream, shredded pork, grilled pineapple, pickled onion, queso fresco, and cilantro Right: Roast pork chilaquile - queso blanco, charred tomato salsa, egg, pico de gallo, tortilla strips, queso fresco, cilantro. 


We had a fun family event at church with multiple egg hunts, bounce houses, music and food trucks. We loved hanging out with all the cute kids and enjoying the gorgeous weather! 

We stopped in at Trader Joe's for some strawberries and walked out with a whole bag of yummy food, as always. Seriously though, the packaging is too cute! 



And for Easter, I made the most delicious home cooked meal. Chicken fried chicken, roasted green beans, mashed potatoes, and buttermilk biscuits. Food is my love language, y'all. 



So, from Ringo and me-  hope y'all had a happy Easter! 


1 comment:

  1. Your easter sounds wonderful!!! Your dressis super cute - I'm always game for coming up with a "uniform" for certain occasions! :)

    Your easter dinner looks sooo good! I'm glad you got to spend the day with the ones you love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...