Monday, December 10, 2012

Crock Pot Apple Butter Chicken



This is a fantastic dish for a busy time of year. Between cookie baking, church activities, school parties, and family gatherings, preparing a delicious meal is probably at the bottom of the priority list. Well, this meal is perfect for that! It takes about one minute of prep time, and the crock pot does all the cookin'. Plus, it's one of those flavor combinations that will surprise and delight you. Yes, I said that. Surprise and delight, y'all

I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts because it's what I always have available in my freezer. I'm sure this would also be great with boneless chicken thighs!


What You'll Need:
serves 4
3-4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/1/2 cup apple butter 
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chicken broth 
salt
pepper

What To Do:
Place chicken evenly in crock pot (frozen is totally fine). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dollop apple butter over chicken, turning to coat. Add garlic and chicken broth, making sure there is enough liquid to cover the bottom of the pot. Cook on low for 4 hours. 

The key to this dish is to make sure the chicken doesn't dry out. If you plan to leave the crock pot going for more than four hours, consider adding enough liquid, broth or apple juice, to submerge the meat.

Slice chicken and spoon extra apple butter mixture over. Serve with instant brown rice and microwave steamed broccoli for a quick, delicious meal!


original recipe

2 comments:

  1. This looks AMAZING! I saw when you tweeted a photo of it the other day, and I'm so glad you shared the recipe! I'm off to pin it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At some point couple of instructive online journals turn out to be extremely useful while getting pertinent and new data identified with your focused on zone. As I discovered this blog and value the data conveyed to my database. Japanese noodle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...